Real Estate Investing: How Does Sacramento Real Estate Stack Up? REVEALING DATA!
Real Estate Investing: How Does Sacramento Real Estate Stack Up? Real estate investing requires investors to pick a housing market that has good trends (ie. demographics, population, job growth, demand, etc). Is Sacramento a good market to invest in real estate? We look at the data and try to determine if housing demand will remain strong and inventory will remain low and if Sacramento housing should be something that real estate investors are considering.
Real Estate Investing in the Sacramento Region
We are going to evaluate the following 5 items:
1. Population Growth
– Population In Sacramento County: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CASACR5POP
– Migration Trends: https://www.redfin.com/news/october-2021-housing-migration-trends/
– Sacramento is Bucking the Bad Trends Plaguing California: https://www.noradarealestate.com/blog/sacramento-real-estate-market/
2. Job Market
– Unemployment Rate in Sacramento County: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CASACR5URN
– Job Growth in Sacramento: https://www.costar.com/article/618588161/job-growth-returns-in-sacramento
Close proximity to the Capital and airport (solid hub for employers)
– Median Home Price, Monthly Payment, Minimum Income: https://www.car.org/marketdata/data/haitraditional
– Median Income in Sacramento County: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MHICA06067A052NCEN
4. Cash Flow
– Price to rent ratio: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-to-rent-ratio.asp
– Calculating Expenses (ie. Taxes, Insurance, Maintenance, Capex, Lawn Care, Utilities, Property Management)
– Historical going back 15yrs (Trend Graphix)
– Home Appreciation Calculator: https://goodcalculators.com/home-appreciation-calculator/
⏰ Timestamps ⏰:
00:00 – Intro
00:49 – Population Growth in Sacramento County
03:57 – Job Market in Sacramento County
05:22 – Affordability in Sacramento County
08:19 – Cash Flow in Sacramento County
12:53 – Appreciation in Sacramento County
15:35 – Rating & Summary
Rating Scale: 1-10 (1 being the worst investment climate, 10 being the best Investment climate).
Thanks for watching!
More Of My Videos 👇
➡️ Common First Time Home Buyer Mistakes To Avoid – IT HAPPENED TO ME!
➡️ How To Qualify For A Mortgage | The Four C’s
➡️ How To Calculate Debt-To-Income (DTI) Ratios – EXPLAINED!
➡️ Is A 30 Year Fixed Mortgage An Asset Or Liability?
About Me 👇
My mission is to help you preserve and grow wealth using real estate. I share my knowledge, thoughts, and what I am learning in areas of personal finance, mortgage lending, real estate investing, and much more!
My videos are a reflection of my real-world experience as a real estate investor, stock market investor, precious metals investor, and entrepreneur.
Subscribe if you are interested in 👇
DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial adviser. These videos are for educational purposes only. Investing of any kind involves risk. While it is possible to minimize risk, your investments are solely your responsibility. I am wrong all the time. Everything you watch on my channel is my opinion. It is imperative that you conduct your own research. I am merely sharing my opinion with no guarantee of gains or losses on investments.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this channel are affiliate links, meaning, at NO additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase and/or subscribe. However, this does not impact my opinion. Thank you for supporting my channel 🙂